Re: Hide Install

To: gaither@ix.netcom.com
Subject: Re: Hide Install
From: miker15@juno.com
Date: Tue, 04 Aug 1998 23:31:46 EDT
On Tue, 4 Aug 1998 17:41:50 -0700 "Douglas Gaither"
<gaither@ix.netcom.com> writes:
>Well,
>
>I've finally received my much anticipated all leather upholstery from
>Mike
>Satur.  I'd like to start with the seats.  What sage advice do you
>have for
>me?  How many of those little clips should I use on the bottom?  Is
>there
>any tips that you might have for me?  It looks as tho' the clips might
>damage the leather if I need to take them off again.  Do I just let
>the
>leather hang down and clip it there or should I pull it down just a
>tad for
>a little tension?
>
>Doug

This is a tricky one - Ive re-covered numerous B seats with vinyl covers
and every time i have had to "adjust" the clips here and there to get the
right fit/tension towards the end of the project.
Knowing what Saturs stuff costs ..... be very careful... id be inclined
to go for a "loose" fit first as the clip marks, if any, would not be
noticable if you subsequently tighten them.
Use Porters book as a base for your operation - its really hard to beat
this for clarity also - make sure you use new seat cards (SICP or
Scarborough Fair ones seem the best fit) and use canvas for the seat
supports instead of those infernal dental dam things - or worse, straps!
Take your time..............

mike robson
69 roadster (seats rebuilt using original leather - fingers sore for
months!)
70 BGT (Moss seat kit, SF ancilliaries)
72 roadster (VB seat kit and ancilliaries)