HS4 or HIF4 on a 73 GT

To: "mg threads" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: HS4 or HIF4 on a 73 GT
From: "wizardz" <wizardz@amdyne.net>
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 1998 11:21:53 -0400
This is really getting confusing...    all the
catalogs say my pair of 73 GTs should have HIF4
carbs, YB ( my primrose yellow B) had a Weber DGV
on it when purchased. OB (my blaze red GT) has
HS4's on it.

QUESTION:  What's the orig carb suppose to be on
early 73 B GTs?

My last post concerning power fade drew a few
different comments...    to recap... when I first
aquired OB it was running rich  I cleaned up the
dist., new points, plugs, etc. now has a power
fade problem  carbs (HS4's on OB) have been
balanced, colortuned etc. People have commented my
problem may be fuel starving so I temporarily
swiped the pressure reg. from YB and put it on OB.
On YB it was set to 3.5 psi which as far as I can
determine is correct for the Weber DGV on YB. For
SU's the books spec 1.5 psi. A new fuel pump used
for testing made no difference. With the K&N plate
air filters, books say the needles need to be
changes from the STD to No. 6 (rich) to compensate
for the better breathing characteristics. Looking
thru catalogs I can't determine which needle style
I should be using... biased? unbiased? straight?
shanked?

QUESTION:   Could the centrifical. adv. springs be
so worn out that I'm getting too much advance at
idle, and not enough at high revs?