Oil Filters

To: "'mgs@autox.team.net'" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Oil Filters
From: "Feldman, Jack (Jack)" <jack@lucent.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 1998 14:02:53 -0500
I don't have the numbers with me, but there is a larger filter that will fit
the MG's. It is about 2 inches longer than the standard one, and therefore
has more filtering surface. I always use them. Look up MG in the book, and
then ask someone who knows filters the number of the bigger filter. NAPA has
them. They can often be bought on sale. I'm trying to get to my local Track
Auto which has filters on sale this week.

Interesting trick. At the C gathering someone had a spin on adapter, and had
painted his filter (the larger version that I mentioned above), green to
match his perfectly painted engine.

MGA filters to fit the canister type housing should be available from NAPA.
The Healey 3000 filters are available. I had the number, went to my local
NAPA store, and they didn't have to order it! The filter is the can with
holes in it, and a paper element. I prefer the felt filters, but this did in
a pinch.

Jack