MGA (coupe) parts available

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: MGA (coupe) parts available
From: ejrussell@sprynet.com
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 1998 19:12:20 -0700 (PDT)
A friend and I recently rescued an MGA coupe. "Come & get it before it goes to
the crusher..."

This MGA is beyond repair and is best parted out. I have no wish to gain
financially but rather wish to help fellow MGer's restore their cars and keep
more MGAs on the road. I would prefer that those who **need** parts contact me
for more info. I will give as accurate a description as possible of the item.
If the part will do the job for the seeker, they can either come & get it for
free or I will ship it to them for the cost of shipping. Sound fair? Sooner
(rather than later) what's left will end up at the crusher.

Here is a general description of the car.

1959? MGA Coupe. **Very** rusty body & frame. Windshield & backlight glass
appear good (off car). I saw one quarter light, believe it's the right side.
Doors look OK (vent glass OK, side glass appears intact but I didn't roll them
all the way up, can't feel any rust through underneath), latches, pulls and
interior panels intact. Drum brake/wire wheel front end (incorrect for 1600),
steel wheel rear end. Engine/trans in chassis, condition unknown, will not turn
with crank. Carbs, radiator off car. Fenders very rusty, would need large patch
panels to be useable. Bonnet (hood) looks OK, Boot lid (trunk) small dent.
Coupe
top is dented, body is bending at the windshield surround due to lack of sills.
Headliner torn. I noticed two roadster windscreen frames (no glass). 1600 tail
light plinths. Instruments in dash, appear intact, functionality unknown. Coupe
seats in poor condition. Engine # 16GA/U/4042, Car # GHDL - 73095, Chassis #
unavailable.

I would like one roadster windscreen frame, the front suspension (king pins,
swivel links, dampers & A-arms). (Don't need brake drums or wire wheels.) I
also
could use the bonnet. Everything else is up for grabs. I hope somebody can use
something as I can't keep this hulk around too long... Price is free, you come
&
get *or* I will ship it for the cost of postage or UPS. I am planning to attend
vintage race weekends at Lime Rock (CT) & Watkins Glen (NY) in September. I'd
be
willing to transport parts there if it'd help.

**Please** This is not-for-profit, don't take what you don't *need*.

Contact: Eric at <ejrussell@sprynet.com>
Bridgewater, MA, USA
(approx 30 miles South of Boston)