New Coil

To: bk996@freenet.carleton.ca
Subject: New Coil
From: DANMAS@aol.com
Date: Thu, 6 Aug 1998 17:14:48 EDT
Thu, 06 Aug 1998 15:47:21 -0400 Eric Stephen <bk996@freenet.carleton.ca>,
wrote:

> I'm expecting my new sports coil from George any day now.  The "A" is
> positive ground and I seem to remember that the new coils have a (+) and
> (-) designation instead of SW and CB.  My reading of the manuals
> indicates that (-)=SW and (+)=CB in a positive ground car.  Can someone
> please confirm befor I sign off this evening.

Eric,

If your coil was designed expressly for a positive ground car, that is
correct. If it was designed for a negative ground car, either way you connect
it is wrong. Luckily, however, the difference is minor, and unless you are
running in some type of competition, it really doesn't matter. For most
driving, the coil will work well enough connected either way.

Dan Masters,
Alcoa, TN

'68 MGBGT---organ donor for the '74