RE: Thought for the day ... about hats

To: neil.cairns@virgin.net, neil.cairns@virgin.net,
Subject: RE: Thought for the day ... about hats
From: "doug russell" <dr-doug@classic.msn.com>
Date: Sat, 8 Aug 98 12:53:09 UT
Neil,

Here in PA we call them hats -  elderly males who consistently under perform
the speed limit by 15 to 20 mph.  They all belong to the slow driver tag team
club and engage in slow drive tag team activities as sport (that's why when
one pulls off the road, another gets on right in front of you).  You can
identify them by the baseball like caps they all wear- hence the term hats.
They seem to like the sport best during rush hour or when they find someone
who is in a real hurry.  They hold meets any and everywhere but  have a
special preference for single lane roads and the passing lane of interstate
highways.

It has been empirically determined that the best way to disrupt a hat event is
to pepper the rear end of the hat's car with a few rounds from the 20mm cannon
(for those with the foresight to mount such a useful devise).  This usually
gets them to pull over to see what all the racket is about.  I trust you have
similar remedies in the UK.

Dr. Doug