MGA Charging

To: Mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: MGA Charging
From: "Edwin McCarroll" <emccarroll@mco.edu>
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 1998 11:05:04 -0400
Just replaced the battery yesterday in the MGA that wouldn't
turn over with all the indications of a dead battery.   I'm no
electrical whiz, but the highly skilled technician who replaced
the battery (It has one 12v instead of two sixes) said he wasn't
sure how to check the charging system when I asked because
he was confused by the system having a generator and +ve
ground.   I have a small meter available and was hoping for advice
on 1) how to check the charging system and 2) how to test for any
electrical leakage that might be causing any problem, assuming
that the old battery didn't die of old age.