Re: Re: Thought for the day ...non-lbc

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Re: Thought for the day ...non-lbc
From: dresden@tiac.net
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 1998 12:24:06 -0500
>>"....asked me why I was doing it, and I
>>told him that I was a complete and total
>>moron, and very stupid for doing what I
>>was doing."
>>Walked away from a nice 4 point ticket.
>>=)
>
>Good answer.  Real good answer.  You'd be surprised how many people
>mouth off to the cop (or worse) and then wonder why they're suddenly
>sleeping behind bars.
>
>-NORY

Yes, there are a number of those...one story in support and one in
contradiction.

1)Friend of mine (female) makes shortcut through gas station at 3 a.m.
instead of waiting for the light. Cop says "Well, you didn't think I'd be
there, did you?" And she says "But...but that's your job." No ticket.

2)Another friend, tall plain-spoken Kansan, alfalfa farmer, you get the
picture, stopped by Oklahoma state cop for doing 85 in a 55. "Where's the
fire?" or somesuch thing from the cop, to which Tom answers, "Jest gettin'
down the road." No ticket there either. Goes to show you can't count on
anything. (Whereas I've been stopped for "driving too close to the yellow
line", which I didn't know was an offense at all. (It isn't).