Electronic ignition

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Electronic ignition
From: imscience@juno.com
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 1998 06:35:10 -0400
I recently bought a junkyard distributor for the baseplate.  (The vacuum
advance pin had broken and I had centrif... advance only).  AHH!  Now I
have to be careful to avoid tickets.  My car is a detoxed 80B with a '73
motor.  My distributor shell was stock; the replacement was from a '79.

Anyway, an "Allison XR-700" optical chopper electronic ignition device
came with the distributor.  I already had an internal aftermarket device
(Ignitor), so I didn't use it.  I'd like to save it for later, as it
seems to be usable.... If I can figure out the wires!  Out of the
rectangle power unit come 4 wires:
1. A black, 2. A Red, 3. A Purple, 4. the 3-strand cable that connects to
the distributor sensor.  Anybody know how the first 3 go?  Especially the
purple!
Curiously, Crane makes a unit by the same name.  Any relation?