Gauge grounding? - MGB

To: "MG List" <Mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Gauge grounding? - MGB
From: "Mike Lishego" <mikesl@tartan.sapc.edu>
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 1998 12:02:35 -0400
Hello all,
    As I chase out the little flaws in my MGB, I can't seem to rid myself of
one of the worst.  My gauges; gas, tach, and temp, still refuse to
cooperate.  I think it might be a bad ground, but I can't find it for the
life of me.  Is it behind the dash?  It's supposed to be four or five black
wires on a grounding ring, right?  The only one I can find fitting that
description is bolted securely to the back of the tach.  Nothing else has a
problem working.  Might this problem be related to something else?
    The other night, while driving the car, I noticed that my speedo wasn't
moving, but the miles were racking up.  Yesterday I saw that the needle had
found it's way behind the small metal pin that denotes 0mph!  How do they do
that?!?

Michael S. Lishego
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Speedway/3706/