Hot dimmer switch.

To: MG list <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Hot dimmer switch.
From: Kevin Richards <flybirds@erols.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 1998 09:00:13 -0700
Interesting thing happened to me last night.
Took the 77B out for a burst and my dash lights were dim, so I turned up
the dial, only to find the dash lights would cut out intermittently. I
reached behind the dash to feel the switch, (maybe a loose wire or
something) found that the switch was red hot. (well, very hot). The
questions arise:
1. can the switch (rheostat...I think??) be cleaned??
If so, how?

2. Can you bypass the dimmer switch? I mean, for the cost of a new
dimmer, I think I can live with my dash lights being un-dimmable.
Again, If so, how??

Thanks

This list is great!!

Kevin Richards