Re: Current flow through spark plug

To: Barney Gaylord <barneymg@ntsource.com>
Subject: Re: Current flow through spark plug
From: ccrobins <ccrobins@ktc.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 1998 22:33:58 -0500
That's the problem!  I was trying to keep the explanations in simple
terms too.  I finally capitulated and specified electron current flow.
The only reason for all this discussion is so that readers who haven't
been exposed to this stuff before can gain understanding.  The idea
isn't to "win" an argument.

  Charley

Barney Gaylord wrote:

 BIGGA SNIP

>  I don't care
> whether you think of the charge on the capacitor as electrons or as "holes"
> (deficiency of electrons).  The point was that there is a charge on the
> capacitor that is passed through the secondary winding to (or from) the
> spark plug to provide the spark at the plug.

 smalla snip

 But when you try to simplify the answer, someone is bound to