Re: Z-Stromberg oil consumption

To: Ivan Lawton <w3ike@yahoo.com>, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Z-Stromberg oil consumption
From: Tom McLaughlin <tomm@ti.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 1998 14:22:00 -0500
<SNIP>
>The Zenith-Stromberg carb in my 79 B won't hold
>damper oil for a very long period.  I know there is
>in a "O" ring shown in some drawings that is
>supposed to prevent oil loss.
<SNIP>

I was looking at this myself yesterday.  I think it is the o-ring on the
metering needle in the piston assembly, Moss part number 365-420.  There
was a post about this a while back...could someone confirm or deny???

Also, when has the carb apart last time, I was not sure how to get this
assembly apart.  Is there a trick to it???

Tom
77B