Another mechanic tale of woes

To: MGList <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Another mechanic tale of woes
From: Michael Graziano <mgrazian@ltcm.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 1998 15:52:57 -0400
hey all.  I just thought I'd share this one with you all.

I had a few problems a few weeks back with the clutch hose going from the
master to slave cylinder.  It chaffed against a hole in the engine bay that
had a missing grommet.

Unfortunately, it happened on the highway.  $70 later I'm at this 24 hour
repair shop in the jungle (I mean Bronx) facing a shady mechanic.  He
insists that the slave cylinder and the hose are both bad, the cylinder as
a result of the hose.  THis is saturday so of course he cannot get the
parts so I'm forced to leave the car there.  On monday I go there and he
gives me the news.  $600 to change the hose and cylinder.  If I supply the
parts (which will be inferior) he'll do it for $165 in labor (3 and 1/2
hours approx) plus storage at $25 a day until I get the parts.  THis was at
8pm after I spent the day calling with him not returning calls.

the next day I show up with a flatbed and bring my baby home.  $70 on my
charge card before he'll release it.  I'll be disputing those.  That day,
I order the hose from Moss for $20.  I get it Wednesday.

1/2 in labor,  and 1/2 to learn how to bleed the line.  No problems with
the cylinder.  It's been two weeks and 100 Miles since.  THat SOB.  I plan
to call Consumer affairs.

MIke

'78 Midget
'87 300zx (No,  not a '97 like in my last post.)
'98 Toy Poodle/Chock

PS HE PUT A BIG F#*@ING SCRATCH (To the metal) ON MY DRIVER'S DOOR!!!  But
of course he didn't do that.  ANyone know how to make a pipe bomb?