Re: Anti Theft Devices

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Anti Theft Devices
From: "Kurt Schmidt" <schmidt_kurt@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 1998 14:22:43 PDT
I use a quick and easy way of disabling my RBB... when parking, I
reach under the dash and extend the inertia switch for the fuel
pump.  (it's intended to shut off the fuel pump in the event of a roll)
With no power to the pump, you can still start the car but you only
have the gas in the float bowl to drive with before you "run out".

Similarly, you could put a switch in the trunk to the fuel pump, will
cost you only $2 for a switch and only takes a minute to install...
no need to buy specialty battery cutoffs, etc.

The hesitation that I have with "the club", bars, etc is that if your
B is parked in some corner, the thief has time to disconnect/dismantel
such things where no one will see them...

Kill the fuel pump and...
Even if someone gets it started, they will drive your B onto a street
(out of the privacy of the parking spot) and it will die!  HAHA!!
ran out of gas, now they are in a conspicuous location with the car
they just stole...  like someone else pointed out, they are not likely
to start trouble shooting.

Kurt

ps:
If they really want your car, they'll bring a flatbed, a quick winch
up the ramp and it's gone :(