73B Horn Fixed - NOT (too enthusiastic?)

To: <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: 73B Horn Fixed - NOT (too enthusiastic?)
From: "Dan Ray" <danray@bluegrass.net>
Date: Sun, 23 Aug 1998 19:25:19 -0500
Yes, the horn worked fine, until I took it for a drive. As soon as I moved
down the driveway, the horn went on and stayed there. Bwwweeeee!!!! Such
enthusiasm to be heard after such a long time. The neighbors are used to my
strange LBC by now, I guess.
Obviously, there's a short in the ground somewhere between the horn button
and the first (right side) horn.
Any experience with the most likely point where this would happen before I
start removing the steering column cover? The tricky thing about this one is
that it's pretty hard to troubleshoot "in system", while the horn is going,
if not down right unhealthy (I suppose I could wear ear plugs, but then, the
neighbors might not enjoy it!)
TIA
My multimeter awaits orders on where to start.
Dan
73 B