Sticky First Gear

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Sticky First Gear
From: Eric Erickson <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 1998 00:37:35 +0000
While I am in the writing (instead of simply reading) mood.

Recently when sitting at traffic lights (in first gear, clutch in and
foot on the brake) I released the brake and felt a definite creep
forward - yes, on the flat.  When I pulled the gear stick back into
neutral (yes, clutch still in) there was a definite effort involved.
Putting it back into first again this "grab" was not there... until next
time.

This is only happening after the vehicle has been driven for a number of
miles and is running at normal operating temperature.  I don't notice
any other difficulties in shifting gears, nor do I notice any clutch
"slip" while driving.

Have I got a pressure plate telling me that it needs seeing to?
Remember, this little yellow car is my "learning curve" LBC.

Eric
68 MGB