RE: Better lights or just slow down ?

To: "Andrew Errington" <ame@synaptics.com>, <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Better lights or just slow down ?
From: "Chris Delling" <saschris@flash.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 1998 14:47:37 -0700
Andy-

My "other car" is a Ford Contour SE.  It was fitted with optional fog lights
from the factory.  They are designed to only work with the low beams turned
on.  Previously I owned a Cherokee.  I bought a set of optional driving
lamps from a dealer(intended for dealer installation)for it.  The
instructions that came with indicated that they too should only be wired to
operate when the headlights were on low beam.  According to instructions,
this is mandated by the US DOT. I wired them contrary to instructions  so
that they would be operable whenever the igintion was switched on - thus
allowing me to use them with high beams.

It would seem that our government is once again trying to protect us from
ourselves.

Regards,

Chris Delling