Re: Better lights or just slow down ?

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Better lights or just slow down ?
From: JWidell625@aol.com
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 1998 12:17:49 EDT
Dave- I too had the typical dim lights on my 77B.  I downloaded instructions
from the list(awhile back-I forget from whom) on installing halogens and a
relay.
 Long story short, I ordered the 60/55 watt halogens and a dual relay from JC
Whitney, all for about $50. installation was straightforward, and I installed
a spare fuseblock directly to the battery(off of the starter terminal). The
relay was wired to run off the old headlight circuit, while the lights
themselves draw off of the new fuseblock.

After getting everything installed , one of the lights was still dim. It was
the typical Lucas "bad ground", so all connections were cleaned and grease.
Works great, with nice white light.  The headlight wire under the dash used to
get hot, but no more as the wire now only carries the amperage to operate the
relay. The main current now bypasses the switch through heavy gauge wire.

Well worth the effort.

Joel Widell
Key Largo, FL
Jwidell625@aol.com