V8 CAPACITY ENGINE COMPARTMENT

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net (IPM Return Requested)
Subject: V8 CAPACITY ENGINE COMPARTMENT
From: William G Abbott <william.g.abbott#064#boeing.com@mail.mdc.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 1998 12:43:50 -0700
I want to purchase a late model MGB for a future V8 conversion.
I was told that at some point in 1973, (perhaps 8/83) the MGB
engine compartment went to the inner fender well dimples for header
clearance and recessed steering column u-joint as standard.
Does anyone know the start of the VIN numbers
so I can start to look for a clean shell?
I have a 11/74 RBB and I don't want to deal with CA smog laws.
HELP.
BILL