Marina Carbs

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Marina Carbs
From: ssk1@juno.com (Stephen S. Koscielny)
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 1998 09:10:13 EDT
Lawrie,

The Marina was equipped with either an SU HIF-6 or a Z-S 175CD carb
depending on the year.  Seventy four and prior had the HIF-6 and the
later cars imported to the US used the Z-S carb.  The HIF-6 cars did not
have a catalytic converter and used an "twin y-pipe" type exhaust portion
of the combined intake exhaust manifold similar to the twin SU exhaust
manifold on the B.  The SU HIF-6 Carbs called for in the 74 Marina owners
manual are:
With air temperature control (ie air flapper on the air filter intake)
        Manual trans    AUD 583
        Auto Trans      AUD 584
        Needle  BBQ
Without air temperature control
        Manual Trans    AUD 551
        Auto Trans      AUD 552
        Needle  BBM
Piston Spring   Yellow

The ZS set up from my memory is very similar to the MG B.  Both the
Marina and the MG B use an 18V B-series engine. So I would not think that
jetting and needle would be a problem.   The Marina used a Triumph
Spitfire 4 speed manual transmission or a Borg-Warner 3 speed automatic.

The carbs are not very common but if you search the internet for Austin
Marina there is a home page for theses cars and a fellow in Arkansas is
the parts guru here in the US.

Safety Fast,
Steve Koscielny