Re: Marina Carbs

To: <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Marina Carbs
From: "Lawrie Alexander" <Lawrie@britcars.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 1998 07:44:16 -0700
Many thanks to all who replied on this subject. I've determined that I have
a manifold from a pre-75 Marina, which would have been fitted with an SU
HIF-6 carb. The 75 and later Marina manifold appears to have been identical
to the MGB one which is becoming unobtainable, and used the Z-S carb jetted
the same as for a B with a catalytic converter (at least, in USA form).

On a pre-75 MGB, the early Marina manifold would be less efficient than the
original dual SU setup, but it appears that it would be more efficient for a
late MGB than the 75 - 80 manifold with a Z-S carb.

So, now I just have to find an HIF-6 and then, for my project to win "Smog
Czar" approval, it would seem I'll need to find a way to fit it with an EGR
valve. Then, with a "2-in, 1-out" cat in the system, it has a chance of
being accepted.

Thanks again. More reports in due course.

Lawrie
British Sportscar Center