Re: oh my what have I done?

To: charlie schellinck <charlie@mars.ark.com>
Subject: Re: oh my what have I done?
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 1998 13:51:29 -0400
charlie schellinck wrote:

>  Well I chopped open the B today (with my lovely new pneumatic hammer)and I
> was horrified to find what I found! the inner sill; the flat one I could
> not find it! most had rusted away leaving a small six inch chunk and a
> fairly large 12 inch chunk! A small repair to the box section that runs
> along the passenger compartment is required but nothing too difcult. I was
> wondering how to remove the top portions of the sill (both inner and outer)
> from under the A post and behind the door frame under the dog leg?

  You are scrapping the metal anyways, so in the front just grind
it away.

  For the back, drill out the spot welds and peel up the
"vertical top whatchamacallit bit" and the inner sill will
fall out. Slip the new one in, tack weld, then fold
the piece back down and plug weld it all together.

  No fun.

--
Trevor Boicey, Ottawa, Canada.
tboicey@brit.ca, ICQ #17432933