Big Fuel Pumps

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Big Fuel Pumps
From: WSpohn4@aol.com
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 1998 10:22:21 EDT
From: Dave Quirt <quirt@sk.sympatico.ca>
Subject: Re: SU pump interchange

On a slight tangent, does anybody have any of the 'huge square bodied'
pumps available??  I need four of them: for my Twin-Cam (1), a friends
A-H 3000 (1), and my XK150S (2).

Sure, Dave - the only proviso is that you have to buy the rest of my 150 as
well.
They are rebuildable, but I have a tendency to fit something more modern to my
stuff, both for racing for obvious reasons (so infra dig, don't you think, to
be sitting at the side of the track pounding on your fuel pump with a rock,
while the rest of the field lopes home - Twincams have a bad enough rep
withoiut that) , and for some of them on the street, like SWMBO's triple carb
MGC, which can guzzle more than the original pump can produce.
None of the concours that I know of judge under the car, although I once did
have a judge ask what the odd noise was coming from the Carter superpump on my
Mk2 Coupe, that I had borrowed from the race car.

Bill S.