Re: Flat towing MGB (part 2)

To: ccrobins <ccrobins@ktc.com>
Subject: Re: Flat towing MGB (part 2)
From: Robert Allen <boballen@sky.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Aug 1998 14:02:11 -0500
ccrobins wrote:

>  I don't know about you but the count on the responses I've gotten to
> the towing issue is two or three, who've never tried it: against.  Six
> or seven, who have done it: for.
>
>   It seems to me that the real wisdom of the list indicates that it's OK
> to flat tow it with the driveshaft connected.  Otherwise the MGB owner's
> manual would say otherwise.
>
>   Of course it's your car and you can do as you will.  That's what I'm
> gonna do.

Excellent point, Charley.

BTW, my stepdaughter has proven that, for a car that you're only going to
put 10 or 15 thousand miles on, it seldom requires oil filled to the full
mark and actual oil changes are unnecessary. It has been empirically proven
that 2 quarts of oil in the sump, and less for indeterminant periods, will
not cause oil-related catastrophic failure. Her research has proven that the
"oil" idiot light is sufficent notification to add 2 or (during economic
abundance) 3 quarts of oil and will be sufficient for getting you around
town with no obvious ill effects.

Happy motoring.
--
Bob Allen, Kansas City
"For sale: 1984 Dodge 'K-car' two door. Only used for local driving. . ."