1974 Midget Reversing Lamps

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: 1974 Midget Reversing Lamps
From: Philip Hubbard <phubbard@carroll.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Aug 1998 23:06:36 -0400
Now that the charging system is up to snuff and I'm just a bit on hold on
the alignment issue, I've resumed work on the reversing lamps.  When I got
the car they worked fine.  Just a week or so later, they started
malfunctioning so that they were always on - except when in neutral.  I
know; it's bizarre.  I put the newly purchased reversing lamp switch this
evening.  What a no fun job - pulled out two spade connectors I didn't need
to and had a devil of a time getting them back in.

Fired up the ignition and got the same results - lights always on unless in
neutral.  Tried pulling one of the lamp assemblies off the car to see if
there might be a short against the car or something, but no change.

I can't figure out what to do from here, but I hold out some hope because
it's not an intermittant problem.  Lights always come on gears 1-4 and
reverse and lights always go out in neutral.  No other electrics are
malfunctioning.  (Unless my non-functioning washer fluid sprayer is
electrical - I still think there could be a clog somewhere as I haven't
even started looking into that one.

If anyone has faced a similar situation or has a suggestion, I'd be grateful.

Thank you all.
Philip
1974 Damask Midget - Arioch, Lord of Chaos