Re: RE: 62 MGA H4 Carb tuning

To: dpockrus@efficient.com, owner-mgs@Autox.Team.Net, barneymg@ntsource.com
Subject: Re: RE: 62 MGA H4 Carb tuning
From: MGSMGBGT@aol.com
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 1998 05:07:34 EDT
In a message dated 8/28/98 5:10:52 PM, dpockrus@efficient.com wrote:

>       No flames, just a question from one of the semi-clueless - in
>the terms of your excellent procedure above, what is a "flat"?
>       Started the B last night and confirmed your suspicion - there is
>a large intake leak somewhere. I'll pull the SU's and shield plate
>tonight and see what the deal is. Thanks!
>
>Dan Pockrus
>'74 CBB
Dan
You have HIF carbs on your car.  Hence the jets are adjusted by a screw,
located on the front of the front carb and on the rear of the back carb.  The
older H and HS carbs have the jets adjusted by a nut on the bottom of the jet,
hence the term flat.  Try adjusting your carbs in a similar manner, but
instead of a flat try a quarter of a turn on the adjusting screw.  Good Luck.
Bob Shaw