Re: 62 MGA H4 Carb tuning

To: Kevin Richards <flybirds@erols.com>
Subject: Re: 62 MGA H4 Carb tuning
From: Robert Allen <boballen@sky.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 1998 20:47:07 -0500
Kevin Richards wrote:

> I know that there are some very experienced people out there (Barney and
> Bill E.) when it comes to MGA's.

Which, I assume means the rest of us should await quietly.

> I just rebuilt the carbs on the A, and I now have to tune them.
> first of all, my idle is way too high, around 1800rpm.
> I think I will consult the SU haynes manual, but I would like some
> advice from the fellow A owners as to how they achieve the best results.

Hmmm. What did you do about the throttle shafts and butterflys? Did you
replace them? You may not have gotten the disks centered when you screwed
them down. Either that or you should be looking for a big vacuum leak.

Of course, I don't know squat about 'A's.

Bob Allen, Kansas City, Modern Cars
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -- Jules de
Gaultier