Paint going bad

To: <MGS%AUTOX.TEAM.NET@mvdns1.mv.Unisys.COM>
Subject: Paint going bad
From: PHILIPPE TUSLER <TUSLER@mp050.mv.unisys.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Sep 1998 16:59:01 -0700 (PDT) (23:59 UT)
I had Tintin painted about four years ago with (supposedly) two-part
urethane.  It was supposed to be very durable, but it's begun to
oxidize at a terrific rate.  I can wash, strip, and wax it, but three
weeks later, the oxidation starts showing up again.  I've been using
McGuiares (sp?) cleaner and micro-crystaline carnauba wax.
Any suggestions of products or processes that'll help keep my paint
alive?  I think the whole subject of silicone has been well discussed in
the past, and since I intend to keep my cars until and beyond the grave,
I don't want to DPO my future paint jobs.

*Philippe Tusler - Mission Viejo, CA     | "MILOU"    '57 MGA Roadster *
*                                        | "TINTIN"   '66 MG/MGB-GT    *
*InterNet: Philippe.Tusler@Unisys.Com    |  N/A       '88 ISUZU Trooper*