Re: Engine bay colour

To: Durinx Willy <DurinxW@mail.dma.be>
Subject: Re: Engine bay colour
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Wed, 02 Sep 1998 16:19:26 -0400
Durinx Willy wrote:
> Three reasons: it blares "repainted" and makes a future owner think
> it's there to hide serious rot

  I wouldn't say that so extremely. What percentage of 30 year
old cars still look nice in their original paint, even if there
is no rust?  Pretty low I would think. Even my 6 year old rice
rocket doesn't look as nice as it did when new, and if I could
snap my fingers and have it repainted for free I'd do it
in a second.

> most new owners would have liked the original scheme, so it diminishes
> resale value, as it's quite a job to undo.

  Depends on the original scheme. Try to get big dollars for
a car in a "less than modern" colour like Pale Primrose Yellow. (no
offense to owners of original PPY cars out there, I am one myself)

--
Trevor Boicey, Ottawa, Canada.
tboicey@brit.ca, ICQ #17432933