Engine bay colour

To: <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Engine bay colour
From: "Durinx Willy" <DurinxW@mail.dma.be>
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 1998 12:20:43 +0200
Dear Enrique,

I suppose you could very well call me a traditionalist, but I  think the
engine bay always was, and should be, the same colour as the rest of the
body. Three reasons: it blares "repainted" and makes a future owner think
it's there to hide serious rot, which flat black does very well. Second,
most new owners would have liked the original scheme, so it diminishes
resale value, as it's quite a job to undo. Third, it's not practical for
locating lost bolts and nuts in the bay. I know, I know, they invariably end
on the ledges both sides of the engine, but nevertheless...
Perhaps there's less interest here, and as far as I know, in Britain, to
"improve" on the car generally, and that counts for fuel injection etc.

Willy Durinx
Antwerp, Belgium
73 BGT "Ruth"