Re: Intermittant Ignition Problem

To: Eric Zambori <eaz@snet.net>
Subject: Re: Intermittant Ignition Problem
From: Paul Hunt <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Thu, 03 Sep 1998 20:32:45 +0000
Eric Zambori wrote:

> I'm having a strange problem with my 72 B.  My ignition is cutting out.

> The act of removing the column covering fixed the problem.
> Anyone have any ideas?  Bad ignition switch or bad connections at the
> bullet connectors leading from the switch?

Seems like you are mot of the way there.  From what you describe it looks like
something heating up, expanding, breaking contact, cooling down, contracting,
making contact etc.  Wouldn't think it is the ignition switch as I would expect
the act of switching it off and on again to 'clear' the fault.  Could be a
dodgy
connector in the brown circuit to or the white circuit from the switch.

PaulH.