Re: When is a twincm not a twincam

To: simon_matthews@avanticorp.com
Subject: Re: When is a twincm not a twincam
From: WSpohn4@aol.com
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 1998 17:57:17 EDT
In a message dated 02/09/98 5:42:23 PM EST,  simon_matthews@avanticorp.com
writes:

<< I have and interesting puzzle for you: I have owned two cars which
 both had 2 cams yet would not be considered twincams. Both were 4 cylinder
 engines. One had no rocker shafts, the other had 4 (yes 4) rocker shafts.

 Care to guess the cars? Neither were British. >>

Diabolical! I shall not rest untill I find the answer!

Well. The U-20 (2000) Datsun Sports engine kept the original cam from the
pushrod engine it was developed from, but had only one (SOHC) operating as a
cam (no rocker shafts).

The other one must be an opposed engine with one cam per bank, but the 4
rocker shafts kind of throws me.

I have one for you, though - do you know of an engine with 2 cams that is also
not considered a twincam, with 8 rocker shafts? It is also a 4 cylinder and
non-British?

Bill