Midget is on the road

To: midgets <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>, mgs <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Midget is on the road
From: "William M. Gilroy" <wmgilroy@lucent.com>
Date: Thu, 03 Sep 1998 18:03:27 -0400
I finally got my 77 Midget on the road.  Put on two new rear tires
to replace the cracked ones and took the car to work.  Since my gas
gauge does not work I stopped and filled the tank.  Then I decided to
reset the trip meter so I would have an idea of when to get gas next.
After I reset the trip meter (it was the second time I reset) both
the odometer and the trip meter stopped working.  The speedometer
still works.  Go figure.  I now have a whole set of new questions
for the mail list.  So let me start:

        1.  What happened to the odometer and trip meter.
        2.  The speedo seems to register a slower speed than it should.

I figure #2 is because I have a larger diameter tire on the car.  I just
need to calculate what the speed should be given my current reading and the
new tires.  Anyway thanks for all of the advice I have gotten from the list.
Got to go, it looks like rain and I have no top, or hood as the brits say.

--
Bill Gilroy
77 Midget on the road again