Turn Signals And Tail Lights

To: "'mgs@autox.team.net'" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Turn Signals And Tail Lights
From: Rob Becker <robertwa@ncinter.net>
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 1998 21:32:34 -0400
Ok.. I own a 65 MGB, and the turn signals, and tail lights don't work.  =
I took off the plastic cover to the turn signals, and I used my =
multimeter to test to see if there was any power going to the signals.  =
Well there is 30 volts.. What is up with that?  it is a 12 volt =
battery.. is there a transformer on MGB's??  That is as far as i have =
gotten.. Does anyone here have the same problem?  and how do i fix it =
the EASY way????   There was also a post manufacture radio put in.. And =
it worked for a while.. then nothing.  The hazard lights don't work =
either.  The whole electrical system is shot, exept for the head lights =
(the tail lights don't come on when the head lights are on).
If you have ideas, or know why there is 30 volts going through the turn =
signals.. =20

Thanks

Rob Becker