Re: Rocker Post Shims.......

To: neil.cairns@virgin.net
Subject: Re: Rocker Post Shims.......
From: Bill Schooler <schooler@erols.com>
Date: Sun, 06 Sep 1998 17:58:04 -0400
neil.cairns@virgin.net wrote:

> Lawrie,
>
> It has now got under my skin, I am determined to find a reason for them.
>
> Neil.
>
> Lawrie Alexander wrote:
> >
> > Neil.......
> >
> > Sherlock Holmes would have been proud of you! Dogged determination has been
> > demonstrated; I, for one, am impressed!
> >
> > Lawrie

Neil,

Just a bit of information re your quest....my BMC parts book, which
covers up to 1970 models contains no information regarding these shims.
They are not shown, nor are they mentioned in any wasy.  Irreepective or
that, my 1969 B (to US Specs) had the shims.

I would love to find out what they were for.  I still suspect rocker arm
wear...but haven't any empirical evidence to support that theory.

--
*Bill Schooler      *Check the MGCC Wash DC Centre Web Page
*Woodbridge, VA     *http://members.aol.com/mgccwdcc/