Prospective MGB purchase, need advice!

To: "'mgs@autox.team.net'" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Prospective MGB purchase, need advice!
From: Brian Furgalus <bfurgalus@geocities.com>
Date: Sun, 6 Sep 1998 14:42:39 -0400
Sorry about the HTML right off, but the computer I'm writing this off of =
isn't mine, and I don't know how to turn it (HTML) off!

While browsing through the local paper, I came across a 1977 'B, =
advertised as being in excellent condition, needing mechanical work.  Oh =
good, a project!  I called the gentleman, and got the dirt.  Seems that =
he is the second owner of the car.  When he purchased it back in the =
'80s, he painted it, and that pain is now cracking, thus it needs a =
paint job ($$).  He also said that when parked *seven years ago*, it ran =
like c**p, because he'd just installed a Weber, probably incorrectly, so =
that would need to be sorted ($).  It also has a cracked exhaust =
manifold, which I would replace with headers anyways! ($$).  The funny =
part?  He's asking $2,800!  What would you, the listers, think a more =
appropriate price would be?  I'm thinking along the lines of =
$1,000-$1,200.

Thanks for the help!

As Always,
Brian Furgalus