Kentucky Registration was Re: Another convert to the fold

To: "Matt Gaetke" <mgaetke@MIT.EDU>
Subject: Kentucky Registration was Re: Another convert to the fold
From: "Dan Ray" <danray@bluegrass.net>
Date: Mon, 7 Sep 1998 16:08:41 -0500
Matt,
Welcome to the list!
Mike Razor and Karyn Hascal are the only REAL residents of Kentucky here,
I'm just a visitor, but maybe I can shed some light.
I bought my 73 B in Tennessee. I walked into the DMV with the title and
proof of insurance and I think my fee was about $40 give or take. They
looked at the VIN plate on the car to make sure it matched the title. Sorry,
but I don't think they'll do a title transfer without the car outside in the
parking lot! There's no inspection of the car, but they INSIST on seeing the
VIN plate attached to the car with the title in hand.
There may be another way to do it by mail (I take it you are a
RESIDENT?)...if you'd like me to call them to save you some long distance
charges, give me some more details privately and I'll call the DMV for you.
Cheers,
Dan
73 B
Fort Knox, KY