C Event in Pensacola, Fl

To: "'mgs@autox.team.net'" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: C Event in Pensacola, Fl
From: "Feldman, Jack (Jack)" <jack@lucent.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 1998 13:50:45 -0500
I wrote my usual long story and showed it to two non list people who said it
was too long. OK here is the short version.

Left as usual at 2:30 AM. Took Interstate 65 down to Alabama. No problem
until a parking lot between Birmingham and Montgomery. 90+ heat and high
humidity. Over an hour of inching along. I was miserable. Cars and trucks
had to pull over to cool off. A chemical spill had caused I65 to be closed.
Lost in the Alabama countryside. NO C OVERHEATING!

Arrived next day, ENJOYED the hospitality of the Panhandle British Car Club.
Saw the National Naval Air Museum - GREAT!

Left Sunday 2:30 AM after three hours of sleep. 17hours and 958 miles later
I arrived home. Overdrive had been acting up (Oil leak discovered). Fell
asleep on the floor while reading my mail.

Longer version available if requested.

Great time, Great Car, Can't believe I drove it in one day. Thanks to all
who made it the usual great time. Short trip next time, we will meet at the
Twist Party and be the featured car.

Jack