Classic Motorbooks Wheels and Wings 12 September

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Classic Motorbooks Wheels and Wings 12 September
From: Bill Eastman <william.eastman@medtronic.com>
Date: Wed, 09 Sep 1998 10:27:10 -0500
If you can make it,  this is a fun event.  Lots of cars of all descriptions
from custom bodied prewar Roll's to Competition Cobras to Hot rods to old
farm tractors.  For those of us with an aeronautical bend, there is also a
fly in at the local airport.  For those who don't believe that mechanical
devices are the most interesting thing on earth, there is also a craft
show, art fair, and small carnival going on downtown.  Busses run between
the events all day.

this is located in Osceola, Wisconsin about 30 miles NW of the Twin Cities.
 Get there early if you can because space on the show field fills up fast.
MG has there own area and there is a friendly competition between the local
MG and Tr**mph clubs for who has the most cars there.  I believe we had
over 50 MG's last year.   Osceola is also located in the middle of some
pretty good sports car roads.  Admission is free although I believe that
the airport charges for parking if you choose to park there.  The car show
is free also.  Just drive in and park with the other MG's

Another advantage of this show is the book sale.  All books are 10% or 15%
off list plus there is a huge selection of books for 50% off.  I have
picked up Green's MGA restoration book, Porter's MGB book, plus several
other buyer's guides, etc.  all at half price.  Again, get there early for
the best selection.

The Minnesota MG group has a scenic rally type tour planned for the drive
from the Cities to Osceola.  If you are interested drop me a line and I
will get the details.

I plan to be there.  Just look for the red MGA with a wrinkled bonnet or
look for the guy with a goofy grin on his face looking through the bargain
books.  Or I may be trying to figure out how that guy got a small block
chevy inside a Fiat 600 and kept it looking stock if he shows up again this
year.

Regards,
Bill Eastman
61 MGA looking forward to being back on the road tomorrow!