1974 Midget - New Wishbone & Kingpin

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: 1974 Midget - New Wishbone & Kingpin
From: Philip Hubbard <phubbard@carroll.com>
Date: Wed, 09 Sep 1998 22:43:10 -0400
Hello listers,

Someone on the list works at a repair shop and will look at my front end
for me regarding my alignment issues.  Makes me feel better that someone
who has owned and worked on several Midgets will take a look.

Just in case there is a bent a-arm causing my drift left, I'd like to pose
a question.  If I buy a new a-arm, what else do I need?  When do I have to
have a shop press and ream the new bushings?  Something to do with the
kingpin, right?

So, can I use my old kingpin on the new a-arm or am I much better off
buying a new kingpin as well?  Would a call to Motorhead asking for a price
for them to do the kingpin to a-arm assembly be a wise move for someone not
all that experienced?

I actually have a spare a-arm with kingpin attached that I picked up when I
thought I'd never get the old bushings out.  I plan on taking that to the
repair shop as well and see if I can get an expert opinion on whether it is
in good enough shape to use instead of a new one.

Thanks for any responses for this hypothetical question.  Saturday I should
have a better idea whether my problem is a-arm, bent body or something else.

Philip
1974 Damask Midget - Arioch, Lord of Chaos