Re: DRIVER's LICENSE

To: "Palmer Family" <amesfolks@snovalley.com>
Subject: Re: DRIVER's LICENSE
From: "Robert Allen" <boballen@sky.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 1998 12:16:02 -0500
That's the problem with youth. No imagination or patience.

One moonlit night in the heat of summer me and the SO were off a lonely road
admiring a local lake, falling stars, jumping toads, and the like. We came
up with a novel method for removing the dreaded wrinkle from the boot lid
where the prop rod didn't cooperate.

Despite admirable efforts, we never did get that wrinkle out but, after
that, it's presence didn't bother me near as much. That bootlid was still
wrinkled when I sold the car.

The new local owner is a young married man with an "LBC-averse" wife and
baby. He had it smoothed and repainted in short order. Don't see the car
much anymore. Probably hiding in the garage while they run around in the
Sport Ute.

Suburban benches, indeed!

Bob Allen, Kansas City
"Why are blonde jokes so short? So men can remember them." -- Ms. Lament