Re: Fan shroud

To: hjillson@argolink.net
Subject: Re: Fan shroud
From: RJohn50603@aol.com
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 1998 14:35:11 EDT
Just a bit more on that seven bladed fan hitting the radiator problem...

I went the monthly Natter & Noggin luch for the local Texas M G Register
yesterday and quickly found someone else who had a problem with the seven
bladed plastic fan.

While mine gently kissed one side of my B's radiator at some time unknown, his
(an "A") was much obvious. He could hear it quite easily and limped home at an
idle where he reinstalled the six bladed metal fan. I guess the fan tries to
be an airplane propeller and when it can't pull the car, it settles for
defecting forward  getting into the radiator if there's not enough clearance.

I am probably going to clean and paint the old metal fan and reinstall it when
I get my fan shroud.

Does anyone know just what the proper spacing from the radiator should be for
the stock metal fan as well as the plastic?

R. Johnson - Dallas