Re: SU Carbs- - -Fuel Pressure

To: "Barney Gaylord" <barneymg@ntsource.com>,
Subject: Re: SU Carbs- - -Fuel Pressure
From: "Lawrie Alexander" <Lawrie@britcars.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 1998 19:17:54 -0700
For once I must disagree with Barney (Yeah, I know, Boos from the list at
large, but hey, sometimes we gotta take the knocks............)

Anything much above 3 p.s.i. is not good (because the float valve sometimes
just cannot hold back that much pressure) but that doesn't mean that
anything below 3 p.s.i. is OK.

If the pressure is indeed only 1.5 p.s.i., there will be times (for example
on a long hill, or during prolonged hard acceleration) when this pressure is
inadequate to keep the float bowls filled and the engine will start to
stumble.

In my opinion, the ideal range of pressure is 2.5 to 3.5 p.s.i.

Lawrie
British Sportscar Center