RE: Insurance Questions

To: Eugene Balinski <eugeneb@nni.com>, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RE: Insurance Questions
From: Larry Hoy <larryhoy@mcione.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 1998 23:10:13 -0600
Eugene, I'm no insurance expert but I think that "declared" value insurance
could be re-named "not to exceed" insurance.  If you declare a value of $5000
and the car is totaled you may not get $5000.  The insurance company always has
the right to replace the car, if they feel (mostly their choice) that you can
replace the car for less than $5000 they won't be writing you a check for $5000.

If I'm wrong someone out there will correct this.

By the way, I drive my car all the time and had just regular insurance for it,
no mileage or trip limitations.  I pay less than $400 per year.

Good luck.

Larry Hoy
Denver, CO. USA
1969 MGB Roadster
1987 Jaguar XJ6 VDP
"It's not how fast you go, it's how fast you go fast"