RE: Insurance Questions

To: baldycotton@pop.mindspring.com, baldycotton@pop.mindspring.com,
Subject: RE: Insurance Questions
From: "doug russell" <dr-doug@classic.msn.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 98 15:16:02 UT
Dave,

There was an article in the latest issue of C Notes (The American MGC
Registry's rag) where the writer pointed out that "stated value" is an upward
limit for the policy.  In other words, the insurance company would pay the
stated value as a maximum pay out even if a total loss were to exceed the
stated value or they assessed the total loss to be less than the stated
value...He summarized, and he claims that some insurance agents agree with
him, that 'stated value' is a big rip off - in other words you paid more to
have a policy that essentially covered less than a regular indemnity policy.
He did mention that 'agreed value' was the better policy but not many
companies offer 'agreed value'.  Personally, this was all a real eye opener
for me and I need to dig into this some more because I just always assumed
that I would be covered for the total amount I'm paying a premium on.  Anyway,
I also have American Collectors insurance and have a call into them (609 779
7212) to see if I have agreed or stated value coverage and to see if I can
uncover any other tid bits.

I do not have the article in front of me and only read through it quickly so
I'm citing the above from (perhaps a questionable) memory.

Dr. Doug