Re: Charging hassles

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Charging hassles
From: Eric Erickson <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 1998 22:53:59 +0000
As a postscript to my previously bemoaned "dead alternator" can anyone
tell me of a sadder sight than your favourite toy/friend being hauled up
onto the flatbed... (sad mixed with the apprehension that goes with
*hoping* the guy knows what he is doing - as the exhaust barely gets an
inch or so of clearance from the ashphalt and he doesn't bat an eyelid).

OK... your car on fire by the side of the road may be sadder, I'll
admit, but the flatbed scene may be more common for most of us!

Firstly... Now, can anyone give me any tips/hints re my soon-to-be new
electronic ignition?  What can I expect to change performance-wise or is
it all in the reliability?  What do I need to be wary of?

Secondly... seeing as I have been focussed on the electrics just now, it
seems that my '68'B has all the original wiring.  Without having struck
any serious hassles to date (except for the fact that my brakelight
switch is sticking), should I consider a pre-emptive partial or complete
re-wiring job?  It is all looking a bit ratty at the moment.

Eric
68 MGB MkII

PS  Sheesh, I had better rack up some experience with this thing so that
I can a bit back to this list... thanks fellas.