Re: Tires wanted

To: <baldycotton@pop.mindspring.com>, <arm@bc.sympatico.ca>
Subject: Re: Tires wanted
From: "Robert Allen" <boballen@sky.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 1998 13:27:19 -0500
 ----Original Message-----
From: baldycotton@pop.mindspring.com <baldycotton@pop.mindspring.com>

>At 10:57 AM 9/16/98 -0600, you wrote:
>>I'm posting this on behalf of an aquaintance without access to the net.
>>He's looking for a set of tires for his 2nd (!) Jowett Jupiter.  He needs
>>set of 16 x 5.50.  He's been able to find new tires at the ridiculous
price
>>of $250 Cdn each.  Anyone got a set?  Or a lead?
>
>Try going to   http://www.coker.com
>In their catalog, they list BF Goodrich and Firestone in for less than $100
>US each. Michelin less than $150, etc.  They can ship to Canada by UPS

I've heard that Coker offers absolutely period correct tires for just about
a jillion different old cars. And they charge a pretty penny for each one.
To add insult to injury isn't Coker's $100 US price about $250 Canadian
these days?

Anyway, I'm guessing this Jowett Jupiter isn't used much as the freeway
interceptor and babe magnet like when it was new. And I'm guessing its
probably using tubes. So I was wondering if you couldn't use motorcycle
tires on some of these old rims. J.C.Whitless (http://www.jcwhitneyusa.com/)
stocks 'generic' motorcycle tires at low prices and they would at least keep
the car off the rims.

Is this a dumb idea?

Bob Allen, Kansas City, '69CGT, '75TR6
"The reason there are so few female politicians is that it is too much
trouble to put makeup on two faces." -- Maureen Murphy