Re: Re: Tires wanted

To: boballen@sky.net, owner-mgs@Autox.Team.Net, baldycotton@pop.mindspring.com,
Subject: Re: Re: Tires wanted
From: MGSMGBGT@aol.com
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 1998 09:10:32 EDT
In a message dated 9/16/98 1:35:42 PM, boballen@sky.net wrote:

>So I was wondering if you couldn't use motorcycle
>
>tires on some of these old rims. J.C.Whitless (http://www.jcwhitneyusa.com/)
>
>stocks 'generic' motorcycle tires at low prices and they would at least keep
>
>the car off the rims.
>

>Is this a dumb idea?
I have an old friend who tried this on a 356 Speedster.  Worked ok as long as
he was going in a straight line.  Wouldn't turn worth a damn.  But they were
speed rated and did keep the rims off the pavement.

I appologise to all listers for many late responses.  Martha is using the
computer connected to the net to make a living.  Seems to take a higher
priority to my looking into my net buddies.

Bob Shaw
Lincoln, NE