2 days with license, car's out for the count!!

To: "mg list sprite" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>,
Subject: 2 days with license, car's out for the count!!
From: "Palmer Family" <amesfolks@snovalley.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 1998 20:28:33 -0700
Friday, (two days after getting my driver's license!)  I was driving with
my friend in my 72' Midget (Red with big white racing stripes, yah!!).  We
stopped at another friend's house and when I restarted the car, it sounded
(and felt) like it was running on two cylinders.

I did a bit of trouble shooting, but after about 30 minutes I gave up and
babyed the midge back to snoqualmie from North Bend (about 5 miles).
Getting it up my friends driveway, I parked it and left it to sunday.

Sunday my dad and I took the Suburban and the tow rope up to his house and
towed my Midget home (17 miles).  When I got it home I took off the head,
and sure enough, the head gasket was burnt away between 2 and 3!!  It
burned back about 2" of it!

Now I have a head gasket on order from Al's  (Quicker than moss)   Now I
have this gorgeous, non-running car!!!!

BTW, the DPO  (Dipsh*t PO)  used the original head gasket when he put the
head back on, AND he didn't retorque it!!!    IDIOT!!

Thank's for listening!

signed,
BARRY PALMER
amesfolks@snovalley.com